We’re on the lookout for passionate, curious, and creative people who are super excited to contribute to a global mission, and receive a community of inspiration and celebration in return. BreezoMeter puts a focus on the right culture and
celebrates its employees. Whether you are an engineer, scientist or developer, an expert in design, sales or marketing, we want to cultivate your talent with you.
BreezoMeter’s chief scientist office team is looking for a Remote Sensing Expert to work on our cutting-edge models and algorithms which are leveraged to improve the health of hundreds of millions of people around the world every day.
In this position, you’ll be working with exceptional people in the chief scientist office team, exploring groundbreaking innovative directions, and developing our next generation of environmental models insights based on satellite information.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE
- Out of the box thinkers
- Curious and enthusiastic to learn new things
- Independent in their approach and learning style
- Team players
- Thoughtful, positive, and proactive
- Flexible and with a “can-do” attitude
- Utilize and implement satellite data to improve our models and develop actionable products
- Develop and improve retrieval algorithms for satellite data in the field of atmospheric sciences
- Advise a multidisciplinary team of environmental, software, and algorithm engineers and data scientists on algorithm development and improvement
- Be up-to-date with the current science in the field of remote sensing
- Ability to lead a new scientific domain from zero to one - from ideation to implementation by R&D
- Work with various stakeholders in the company to deliver the best value to our customer
- Be in charge of scientific collaboration in the field of expertise
- A Ph.D. in Atmospheric Sciences, Meteorology, Geosciences, Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science or a related field
- Experience with satellite remote sensing data and algorithms
- Experience in working with Python and strong overall technical skills
- Experience with data analysis techniques, using standard tools from the Data Science domain (e.g. SQL, Pandas)
- Ability to work with large, multidimensional datasets (e.g. netCDF, GRIB, TIFF files)
- Great communication skills (written and verbal), with the ability to clearly present complex scientific and algorithmic concepts