We’re on the lookout for passionate, curious, and creative people who are super excited to contribute to a global mission, and receive a community of inspiration and celebration in return. BreezoMeter puts a focus on the right culture and
celebrates its employees. Whether you are an engineer, scientist or developer, an expert in design, sales or marketing, we want to cultivate your talent with you.
(Remote position - NY / Washington area)
The Director of Business Development will have proven business development and industry experience, winning business with large US government programs and agencies. The BDE will coordinate and manage all business development activities including growth strategy development and implementation, capture activities, pipeline management and guidance to product teams on addressing government industry needs. The BDE will be responsible for daily interaction with policy influencers, US Government agencies and program offices, acquisition officials, major systems integrators, as well as working with internal marketing, sales and product teams.
- Deeply understand industry challenges, landscape, and be well respected within the industry
- Drive industry thought leadership to create unique propositions, solution strategies and strong partnerships
- Perform market analysis, identify market gaps and emerging opportunities for BreezoMeter
- Build strong influencer relationships with policy makers and industry thought leaders, leveraging existing networks in the public sector.
New markets validation and establishment
- Envision new industry scenarios and business models in coordination with product team
- Accountable for identifying growth opportunities, validating and developing new solutions and go-to-market channels
- Deep focus on new growth opportunities, the government customer mission, and developing relationships with client stakeholders in government agencies
- Coordinate and lead face-to-face customer meetings with senior management and C-Level Executives
- Deal Maker: Develop and progress the deal shaping and commercial deal construct
- Consistently provide accurate strategic pipelines forecasts and drive progress on large deals on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis
- Close first deals in new markets
SKILLS AND CAPABILITIES
To be successful in this highly entrepreneurial role, it will require core competencies as follows:
- Strong preference for all-around “business athletes” who have a deep understanding of and expertise in the government sector and proven ability to perform in “high functioning” and demanding roles
- Strong analytical skills to understand and identify market trends and principal players.
- Influence to cause things to happen both inside and outside the organization. A combination of leadership, articulation, and drive.
- Vision and Strategic thinking to understand and articulate an opportunity and how to structure a deal to unlock the value hidden in the opportunity.
- Strong deal-making abilities with a proven track record of creative problem solving and a track record of closing complicated transactions across numerous internal and external departments and stakeholders
- Ability to ramp up quickly and learn thoroughly the value proposition and dynamics of digital and climate priorities.
- Ability to quickly learn technical concepts and gain credibility with scientific stakeholders and product leadership teams
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Liberal Arts, Sciences, or related field
- 8+ years relevant work experience (e.g., investment banking, consulting, business development, product management, project management, or related field)
- 5+ years’ experience in the government sector